| ||Duration || 11|
| ||Group Size|| Any|
| ||Transportaion||Private Jeep / Car|
| ||Accomodations|| Hotel , teahouses and camps(tents)|
| ||Best Seasons|| Autumn (mid Sept to mid Dec) and Spring(March to May)|
|Activities || Trekking, Hiking, Climbing|
| ||Meals|| All meals|
Langtang Valley trek of 11 days offers splendid varieties of natural and
cultural diversity with spectacular Himalayan views and provides different
experiences that could not be found in another place. The mixtures of royal
waterfalls, bamboo forests, rhododendrons, and snow-capped Himalayas are the main
highlights of this 11-day Langtang Valley Trek.
Himalaya is the closest Himalayan range to Kathmandu, although it is very
close to Kathmandu; the Langtang Region is as natural as any Tibetan high
ground with a heavenly rural landscape. The people living in the highlands of the
Langtang region are certainly Nepalese but being the descendant of the Tibetan
origin, they look like the Tibetans. Hence, Langtang region is one of the most
popular trekking regions for those wishing a short trek from Kathmandu into the
Himalayas influenced by the Tibetan lifestyle.
Langtang Valley trek – 11 days begins with a 7-hour bus ride from Kathmandu to
Syabrubesi. On the next day, we will start walking from Syabrubesi to the Lama Hotel then to Langtang
village, and then to Kyanjin Gompa. After exploring the Tsherko Ri, we will walk on the same route back to Syabrubesi and drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrival,
transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu
Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
Day 03 Kathmandu-
Syaphrubesi 8 hours by bus (1,440m/4,724ft) O/N at Syaprubesi.
Day 04: Syaphrubesi -Lama Hotel 5-6 hours
Day 05: Lama Hotel- Langtang 5- 6 hours trekking (3,430m/11,253ft)
Day 06: Langtang - Kyanjin Gompa 4-5 hours
Day 07: Climb
to Tsherko Ri (4984m/16351ft) and back to Kyanjin gompa O/N at
Day 08: Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel 5-6 hours
Day 09: Lama
Hotel - Syaphrubesi 5-6 hours trekking (1500m/4,850ft)
Day 10: Syaphrubesi-
Kathmandu 8 hours by bus (1,440m/4,724ft)
Day 11: Departure
from Kathmandu for next trip or to your home
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Three nights hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- All necessary paperwork and permits.
- Private Vehicle with air-conditioning.
- A full-day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley
including tour guide by private car/jeep.
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking
guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers porters) including
their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food, and lodging.
- Accommodation with all meals in a local lodge or tea house during the trek.
- Kathmandu-Syabrubesi - Katmandu by local bus.
- Trekking map, down jacket, four seasonal
sleeping bags, trekking poles, and trekking map (down jacket, sleeping bag, and trekking poles are to be returned after trip completion)
- All government and local taxes.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring small denomination cash USD and
two passport photographs).
- Private vehicle (Kathmandu-Syabrubesi or
Syabrubesi-Kathmandu one-way transportation $150 up to 5 People).
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the
case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early
arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (for any
reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills,
battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc).
- Tips for guides and porters.
Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Lightweight cotton long pants/ Hiking shorts
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F
- Headlamp with spare bulbs and batteries
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Large plastic bags or keeping items dry inside the trekking bag
- Trekking Poles
- Water bottles
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet paper, etc)
Toiletries (it’s up to your comfort label):
- 1 medium-sized quick-drying towel
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Small mirror
Personal Hygiene (it’s up to your comfort label):
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial hand wash
- Diamox (Drugs for altitude sickness in case)
- Water purified pills
Extras/Luxuries (it’s up to your comfort label)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Reading book
- Journal & Pen
- Pencils and small notebooks
- Travel games i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble
The fall season(September- mid-December) and the spring season( March-May) are the best seasons for the Langtang Valley Trek. Then the climate is very pleasant and moderate, with elegant views, although it can still be cold at night.