| ||Duration || 1|
| ||Group Size|| 2 or more|
| ||Transportaion||Private vehicle|
| ||Accomodations|| N/A|
| ||Best Seasons|| N/A|
|Activities || Day Hiking|
| ||Meals|| N/A|
– Nagarkot hiking is one of the most popular hiking from Kathmandu Valley
where, you can enjoy traditional Newari culture and breathtaking views of the high
Himalayan range (Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Ganesh, and many more high peaks). Our
trek starts in the morning after having breakfast at the hotel and driving to Sankhu which
takes a 1-hour drive from the hotel (17 km). We start our hike from Sankhu, the
traditional Newari culture village. We hike for just about 3-4 hours through
the jungle and some villages on the way. After walking with a guide we reached Nagarkot View Point where we spent some time with nature and tea/coffee from
2100m. Then we drive back to the hotel which takes approximately one hour and thirty
minutes However, on the way you can also visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square.
Bhaktapur is a royal palace from Bhaktapur Kingdom. Inside it you can find
Fifty-five Windows Palace which was built in 1427 A.D, and Nyatpola temple where
you find Newari language means five stories, symbol of five basic elements.
This is the biggest and highest pagoda of Nepal ever built, and many more
places where you can find the history and culture of ancient Nepal.
am: - Drive to Sankhu from the Hotel (1 hour drive).
- 09:00 am: - Walk to Nagarkot
- 01:00 pm: - Mountain View from
- 02:30 pm: - Drive to Bhaktapur,
Sightseeing, Lunch (2-3 hours).
- 05:30 pm: - Drive to Hotel. (1
- Hotel – Sankhu & Nagarkot
- Hotel by private A/c car/jeep.
- Professional English speaking License holder Guide.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Breakfast and lunch during the trek.
- Bhaktapur Palace Entry fee.
- Tips for Guide & Porter.
- Backpack or daypack (Size depends on whether you take porter or not)
- Water purification tablets.
- Trekking pole.
- Sleeping bag (-15 degree bag is best in high altitude trekking)
- Toiletries (toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrush)
The best month to visit Nagarkot is from October to April so that you can have a clear view of the Himalayan Peaks. You will be awarded with clear mornings with the most stunning views of the Himalayas at sunrise. During the monsoon from June to September, it is unlikely to get a view of the mountains.