|Group Size||2 or more|
|Transportaion||Private Car, Tourist Bus, Local Jeep|
|Accomodations||Hotel in Kathmandu & Pokhara, Tea house/Lodge during trek|
|Best Seasons||Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November)|
|Activities||Trekking & Hiking|
|Meals||Welcome & Farewell dinner, All meals during trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)|
Poonhill hot spring trek is one of the most popular short treks in Nepal situated in Annapurna region. This trek is suitable for the guest who has not much time in Nepal and wants to enjoy the nature of Nepal. 10 Days Poonhill hotspring trek offers you to observe the best view of fully nature of landscape, high hills, rhododendron forest, water fall on the way and the best view of high white snow peaks. We get chance to see the sunrise form poonhill (3210m) with the closer view of Annapurna I (8091m), Dhaulagiri (8171m), Machhapuchhre (6997m), Annapurna South (7219m) and many peaks with its full range. And, visitor after their trekking they go to hot spring for shower on the bank of Gandaki River. The water comes from inside of the rock so it is warm. There was saying if we bath at the hot spring it will cure our body pain and feel body relief. So, most of the trekker shower at the hot spring in the end of their trek.
10 Days trekking start driving form pokhara to nayapul. Then, we walk to ulleri via birathati (first check in point of the trekking). On the second of trekking we walk to Ghorepani an, amazing gurung community village. On another day we walk uphill to poonhill for sunrise. After the sunrise and breakfast at tea house we walk to tadapand by the Rhododendron forest. We walk downhill to Jhinu and Hot spring. We relax at hot spring for some hour and get relief for our leg pain. The warm water on the hot spring comes direct from inside the stone.
Day 01:- Arrival, Transfer to Hotel.
Day 02:- City Sightseeing, Trekking Preparation.
Day 03:- Drive to Pokhara.
Day 04:- Drive to Nayapul, trek to ullari.
Day 05:- Trek to Ghorepani.
Day 06:- Poonhill hike, Trek to tadapani.
Day 07:- tadapani to Jhinu dada, walk to hotspring.
Day 08:- Walk to landruk, Drive to Pokhara.
Day 09:- Back to Kathmandu.
Day 10:- Departure.
· Airport Pickup/Drop.
· Welcome & Farewell Dinner.
· 3-star category Hotel in Kathmandu, Pokhara with Breakfast.
· City sightseeing activities with private car and professional guide.
· Entry fee for monument, temple, museum etc.
· Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu by Tourist bus.
· Pokhara – Nayapul & Lumle – Pokhara by Private car.
· Landrukh – Lumle by Local jeep.
· An experience English speaking and government license holder trekking leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistance guide)
· Porter service (2 trekker = 1 porter : maximum 18 kg/porter)
· Trekking staff with their salary, insurance, food, accommodation, document and their transportation.
· Accommodation in tea-house/lodge with all meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
· Necessary down jacket, Sleeping bag, Trekking pools (has to be return after trek)
· Necessary TIMS, Permit and paper work document for trekking.
· Medical Kit.
· All government and Local taxes.
· Nepal visa fee.
· International and Domestic airfare.
· Private vehicle from Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu ($115 one way extra up to 3 person)
· Lunch and Dinner at Kathmandu & Pokhara.
· Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu, Pokhara and during trek.
· Travel and Rescue insurance.
· Personal Expenses (Phone call, Laundry, Bar Bills, Battery recharge, Extra porter, water bottle and wifi during trekking).
· Tips for Guide and Porter.
Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Lightweight cotton long pants/ Hiking shorts
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket *
- Lightweight gloves
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F *
- Headlamp with spare bulbs and batteries
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Large plastic bags
- for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Trekking Poles *
- Water bottles
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc)
Toiletries (it’s up to your comfort lable):
- 1 medium sized quick drying towel
- Tooth brush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Small mirror
Personal Hygiene (it’s up to your comfort lable):
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti bacterial hands wash
- Diamox (Drugs for altitude sickness if incase)
- Water purified pills
Extras/Luxuries (it’s up to your comfort lable)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Reading book
- Journal & Pen
- Pencils and small notebooks
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble
Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for the Jhinu hot spring via Poonhill Trekking. The weather is sunny and warm with outstanding views. If you wish to avoid crowds and enjoy some alone time with nature then taking this trip during winter (Dec., Jan. and Feb.) could also be an option. However, the temperature during winter could be harsh for most guests. Trekking in the Summer or Monsoon seasons (June to Aug.) will be affected by rain but the Summer trek could be a boon for a keen botanist.