| ||Duration || 8|
| ||Group Size|| Any|
| ||Transportaion||Private Jeep / Car|
|Altitude|| 3,650 m/11,972 ft|
| ||Accomodations|| 3-star hotel in Kathmandu and Teahouses during trekking|
| ||Best Seasons|| Autumn (mid Sept to mid Dec) and Spring(March to May)|
|Activities || Climbing, Hiking|
| ||Meals|| Breakfast in Kathmandu, all meals in trekking|
The Helambu trek is a perfect short trek near Kathmandu Valley. Despite being so close to Kathmandu, the Helambu region remains relatively unspoiled. Besides the hyolmo culture of high mountain people, the company of green rhododendrons and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, and snow-capped Himalayas make the trek one of the most diverse treks near Kathmandu. The great Himalayan scenery at the border with Tibet and monasteries makes a trek to the region an enthralling experience. The people living in the highlands of the Langtang region are certainly Nepalis, being the descendants of Tibetan origin, they still look like Tibetans.
Day 01:- Arrival, transfer to Hotel
Day 02:- Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
Day 03:- Drive to Kathmandu to Sundarijal (1300m), and trek to Chisopani (2194m)
Day 04:- Chiapani to Kutumsang (2446m) - 5/6 hours walk
Day 05:- Kutumsang to Tharepati (3650m)-5/6 hours walk
Day 06:- Tharepati to Tarkeghyang (2743m) via Melamchi Gaon (2640m)- 6 hours walk
Day 07:- Tarke Gyang- Timbu -Kathmandu: 3-4 hours walk; 4-5 hour drive
Day 08:- Departure from Kathmandu for next trip or to your home
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Three-star hotel in Kathmandu(Hotel Bliss International or similar category) with Breakfast.
- Local lodge or tea house during trek with all meals (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- A full-day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley including tour guide by private car/jeep (6-8hrs).
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food, and lodging.
- Transportation: Kathmandu-Sundarijal - Katmandu by private car and jeep.
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bags, Trekking poles, and trekking map (down jacket, sleeping bag, and Trekking poles are to be returned after trip completion).
- All government and local taxes.
- All necessary paperwork and permits.
- Nepal Visa fee.
- International and Domestic airfare.
- Lunch and Dinner at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and during the trek.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Any alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, boiled & mineral water, beverages, etc during the trek.
- Hot shower, battery charges (available in trek with extra cost or free in some lodges).
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc).
- Tips for guides and porters.
Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Lightweight cotton long pants/ Hiking shorts
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F
- Headlamp with spare bulbs and batteries
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Large plastic bags or keeping items dry inside the trekking bag
- Trekking Poles
- Water bottles
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet paper, etc)
Toiletries (it’s up to your comfort label):
- 1 medium-sized quick-drying towel
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Small mirror
Personal Hygiene (it’s up to your comfort label):
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial hand wash
- Diamox (Drugs for altitude sickness in case)
- Water purified pills
Extras/Luxuries (it’s up to your comfort label)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Reading book
- Journal & Pen
- Pencils and small notebooks
- Travel games i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble
Autumn (mid-Sept to mid-Dec) and Spring(March to May) are the best seasons for Helambu Trek. The weather is sunny and warm, with outstanding views but the nights are cold and can fall to freezing. Winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) is also good for Helambu Trek, only colder (obviously).