|Group Size||2 or more|
|Transportaion||Private car & Tourist bus, Pokhara - Jomsom - Pokhara|
|Accomodations||Hotel in Kathmandu & Pokhara, Tea House/Lodge during trek|
|Best Seasons||Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November)|
|Meals||Welcome and Farewell dinner at Katmandu, All meals during treks|
Upper Mustang trek is situated in the restricted zone of mustang. The trek starts from Kagbeni and the trail ahead via Lo- Manthang, Luri Gompa, Tenje and finish at Muktinath. One of the Good benefit of the trek is trekkers need not to follow the same trail while returning back. Luri Gompa made inside the cave is located at the height of (4300m) and believed as thousands of years old is the major attraction of this route.
Day 01: Arrival, transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara [823m/2,700ft]: 6 hrs drive
Fly to Jomsom & trek to Kagbeni [2,858m/9,375ft]: 3-4 hrs
Day 05: Kagbeni to chele [3050m/10,004ft]: 5-6 hrs
Day 06: Chele to Syanbochen [3475m/11,398ft]: 6-7 hrs
Day 07: Syanbochen to Ghaymi [3520m/11,546ft]: 5-6 hrs
Day 08: Ghaymi to Charang [3500m/11,480ft]: 4-5 hrs
Day 09: Charang to Lo-Mangthang (3700m/12,136ft): 5-6 hrs
Day 10: Explore Lo-Mangthang
Day 11: Lo-Mangthang to Drakmar [3810 m/12,500ft]: 6-7 hrs
Day 12: Dhakmar to Ghiling [3806m/12,484ft]: 5-6 hrs
Day 13: Ghiling to Chhuksang [2980m/9,777ft]: 5-6 hrs
Day 14: Chhuksang to Jomsom [2700/8,856ft]: 6-7 hrs
Day 15: Fly back to Pokhara
Day 16: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 17: Departure from Kathmandu for next trip or to your home
· All airport/hotel transfers.
· Three nights 3-star hotel in Kathmandu(Hotel Bliss International or simalar catagory) and 2 night 3-star hotel in pokhara(Hotel Crystal Palace or similar catagory) with breakfast.
· Private Vehicle with Air-condition.
· Welcome and farewell dinner.
· A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide and entrance fees.
· Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu tourist bus tickets & Pokhara-Jomsom-Pohara flight tickets.and airport departure taxes.
· Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during trek with all meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
· An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging.
· Four seasonal sleeping bag and trekking map (sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion).
· All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS ).
· A comprehensive medical kit.
· All government and local taxes.
· Nepal Visa fee(bring small denomination cash USD and two passport photographs).
· International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
· Excess baggage charges.
· Private vehicle (Kathmandu-Pokhara or Pokhara-Kathmandu one way $115 extra upto 3 People).
· Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara(and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary).
· Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
· Travel and rescue insurance.
· Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc).
· Tips for guides and porters.
Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Lightweight cotton long pants/ Hiking shorts
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket *
- Lightweight gloves
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F *
- Headlamp with spare bulbs and batteries
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Large plastic bags
- for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Trekking Poles *
- Water bottles
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc)
Toiletries (it’s up to your comfort lable):
- 1 medium sized quick drying towel
- Tooth brush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Small mirror
Personal Hygiene (it’s up to your comfort lable):
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti bacterial hands wash
- Diamox (Drugs for altitude sickness if incase)
- Water purified pills
Extras/Luxuries (it’s up to your comfort lable)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Reading book
- Journal & Pen
- Pencils and small notebooks
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble
Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and Spring (March to May) are the best seasons for the Upper Mustang Trekking. The weather is sunny and warm with outstanding views. If you wish to avoid crowds and enjoy some alone time with nature then taking this trip during winter (Dec., Jan. and Feb.) could also be an option. However, the temperature during winter could be harsh for most guests. Trekking in the Summer or Monsoon seasons (June to Aug.) will be affected by rain but the Summer trek could be a boon for a keen botanist.