| ||Duration || 10|
| ||Group Size|| 2 or more|
| ||Transportaion||Private car & Tourist bus|
| ||Accomodations|| Hotel in Kathmandu & Pokhara, Tea House/Lodge during trek|
| ||Best Seasons|| Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November)|
|Activities || Trekking, Hiking|
| ||Meals|| Welcome and Farewell dinner at Katmandu, All meals during treks|
Ghorepani – Poonhill trek is
one of the most popular modest short treks in Nepal. Every year thousands of foreign
people come to Nepal to do this short trek. This trek is also popularly known
as the Annapurna sunrise trek. Poonhill trek is in the Annapurna region where our trek starts from Nayapul which is about an hour's drive from Pokhara. The Eight-day trek
provides a magnificent view of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna I, Mt. Annapurna South, and Mt. Fishtail along with sunrise from Viewpoint. On the other hand, we also get the opportunity to see the rhododendron forest where we have to pass through. We also
have to pass through different Gurung and Magar villages and some of the best
waterfalls. Walking in the more than 4000 stone steps and crossing some of the
longest suspension bridges really help you to find your actual strength. While
walking to the trial we have to cross more than 8 hills where we can see the
paranormal view of the Himalayan and green forest from different angles. It provides
us with more energy and excitement to hike. Staying in the tea house, having conversations with the villagers, visiting village health posts, and schools, and eating delicious
organic food grown in the local village which makes our body healthy are some
extra activities that make our trek amazing and memorable.
This 10-day Ghorpani –
Poonhill trek is for those guests who are interested in seeing the mountain and don’t
have much time in Nepal. This trek is
also suitable for those who are interested in seeing the nature with the family. However,
we also organize Annapurna Base Camp for -16 Days where you can find a closer
view of Mt. Annapurna via Mt.Machhapuchher base camp. We also organize the Annapurna circuit trek – 17 Days. this trek is perfect for those who are interested in seeing the panorama view of Mt.
Annapurna and other mountains from different angle, this trek is also the second
most popular trek in Nepal.
After arrival in Kathmandu, we transferred to your hotel which is in the peaceful street on the edge of Thamel. We
provide you with a deluxe room with a private bathroom and balcony, a Tea/Coffee maker, and toilet trees. However, we have a hotel in Pokhara, near Phewa Lake. These hotels are 3-star categories by the government of Nepal. The above package price includes 3-star
category hotels however we also provide 4-star and 5-star hotels in Kathmandu and
Pokhara. But during the trek, there is only Tea House/Lodge which doesn’t have
any facility except the twin bed. All the rooms are in “twin share”. Single
supplementary will charge $200 extra. In
Kathmandu and Pokhara, the hotel has 24/7 receptions while the trekking
recitation is closed after 9-10 pm. In some places during trekking, we have
private bathrooms but in some areas, there is only a shared bathroom. The entire
place has a 24/7 hot water facility but during tea house in the trek, it is
For meals we provide Buffet Breakfast in Kathmandu and
Pokhara which is included in the cost. We also serve lunch and dinner from our
hotel restaurant where you have to pay by yourself. However, during the trekking, we
provide three meals per day (i.e. Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner per day) from the selected
menu as available in the lodge and tea house. Food during the trek is not so well
decorated as in Kathmandu and Pokhara however; most of the food is prepared by the local people in their field. The food is organic, delicious, and quite healthy. We
also offer a Welcome and Farewell dinner with our agency team leader with a
traditional cultural dance program in Kathmandu.
Day 01:- Arrival, Transfer to Hotel.
Day 02:- Kathmandu heritage sightseeing, Trekking
Day 03:- Drive to Pokhara (823m/2700ft) 6 -7 hours.
Day 04:- Drive to Nayapul, trek to Ulleri (2020m/6627ft) 1
hours drive, 5-6 hours walk.
Day 05:- Ulleri to Ghorepani (2860m/9385ft) 5-6 hours walk.
Day 06:- Poonhill hike (3210m/10530ft), walk to Tadapani (2630m/8628ft)
6-7 hours walk.
Day 07:- Trek to Ghandruk (1940m/6365ft) 4-5 hours walk.
Day 08:- Ghandruk to Pokhara 4 – 5 hours walk, 3 hours drive.
Day 09:- Drive back to Kathmandu 6-7 hours drive.
Day 10:- Departure.
- All airport pickup/drop.
- Hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Private Vehicle with air-conditioning.
- Kathmandu Heritage Sightseeing with a tour guide.
- Pokhara - Nayapul-Pokhara by private car/jeep.
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu tourist bus tickets.
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during the trek with all
meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking
guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide), and Sherpa
porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary,
insurance, equipment, flight, food, and lodging.
- Four seasonal sleeping bags and trekking maps (sleeping
bags are to be returned after trip completion).
- All necessary paperwork and permits (National Park
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- All government and local taxes.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring small denomination cash USD and
two passport photographs).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Private vehicle (Kathmandu-Pokhara or Pokhara-Kathmandu
one way $115 extra up to 3 Person)
- Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara(and
also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early
arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any
reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills,
battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc).
- Tips for guides and porters.
Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Lightweight cotton long pants/ Hiking shorts
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F
- Headlamp with spare bulbs and batteries
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Large plastic bags
- for keeping items dry inside the trek bag
- Trekking Poles
- Water bottles
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet paper, etc)
Toiletries (it’s up to your comfort label):
- 1 medium-sized quick-drying towel
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Small mirror
Personal Hygiene (it’s up to your comfort label):
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial hand wash
- Diamox (Drugs for altitude sickness in case)
- Water purified pills
Extras/Luxuries (it’s up to your comfort label)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Reading book
- Journal & Pen
- Pencils and small notebooks
- Travel games i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble
Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and Spring (March to May) are the best seasons for Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking. The weather is sunny and warm with outstanding views. If you wish to avoid crowds and enjoy some alone time with nature then taking this trip during winter (Dec., Jan., and Feb.) could also be an option. However, the temperature during winter could be harsh for most guests. Trekking in the Summer or Monsoon seasons (June to Aug.) will be affected by rain but the Summer trek could be a boon for a keen botanist.